Product Technologist – Electricals
We have two excellent opportunities for candidate with electrical qualifications who would be interested in developing their career with a successful national retailer.
The successful Product Technologists (Electricals) will be part of a supportive Technical team and report into the Senior Technical Manager.
Candidates must hold an industry-recognised qualification in a relevant area e.g. Electro-technical Services, Electrical Maintenance, Electro-technical Systems & Equipment.
An up to date knowledge of all prevailing legislation relating to the electrical product safety is required and an understanding of the technical development process of electrical products is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in small, large and high risk electrical domestic appliances and will be looking for a new challenge to utilise their electrical skills and knowledge.
Excellent opportunities to develop a career within Retail.
- Work as part of the trading teams to develop own brand products and become the Technical subject matter expert within the business
- Conduct assessment of products as part of the product development & risk assessment process to ensure all products are safe, legal and fit for purpose
- Analyse customer complaint and returns data.
- Taking appropriate actions where necessary
- Continually develop product specifications
- Launch products on time by taking ownership of the Technical elements of the critical path
- Support the commercial development of our supply chain to ensure that they meet the brand standards and requirements
- Support the buyer by understanding the market, competitor products and their specifications
- Provide support to the Technical Manager, demonstrate ownership and influence amongst technical colleagues and the wider commercial teams
- Prioritise workloads to meet business and function deadlines
- Able to challenge self and others, making recommendations to improve working relationships, product and ways of working
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.