Building a family of brands for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. And we’re also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures, Ted Baker footwear and Kickers in the UK.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Our global HQ is in the UK and we employ over 1,800 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Endura brand, established in 1993, has been synonymous with inventive, bulletproof kit that relishes the stresses that any kind of biking subjects it to. From Mountain to Road, Urban Commute to Triathlon they are #AllTribesOneClan, with a philosophy of Renegade Progress which defies convention and embraces the radical to create game-changing products.
From the first protos made on a kitchen table in Edinburgh, Endura has evolved into an admired global brand with a rack of game-changing and award-winning products.
Endura supports an impressive roster of world class athletes including Movistar Team, trials sensation Danny MacAskill and downhill siblings the Athertons of Trek Factory Racing.
Key Purpose of Job:
- To develop technical patterns for the Endura cycle consumer and to accurately document all development
- To conduct fit sessions and the consequent pattern alterations within a tight time frame
- To oversee the prototyping of samples
- To complete technical product documents including Garment Component Sheets and Size Specs
- To generate patterns from a sketch creating excellent fit sports garments
- To run fit sessions and alter patterns according to comments given
- To create a database of patterns with consistent base blocks
- To take responsibility of consistent sizing
- To document pattern development process with accurate notes, GCSs and size specs
- To document rider, event and contract variations in kit
- To complete lays for bulk production
- Liaising with multidisciplinary teams to ensure clear communication and smooth running of projects.
Needs to have
- Proven experience in Pattern Cutting using online systems such as Lectra or others
- Clear understanding and consideration of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit/construction and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work with woven and high stretch fabrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of pattern cutting, construction and alterations
- Experience and clear understanding of grading
- Experience in creating Size Specs and Technical packs
- Strong knowledge of fabrics types and its use in garments
- High level of accuracy with methodical note taking
- Strong organisation and documentation skills
- Overseeing making of prototype samples
- Adapt easily to change
- Able and willing to work under own initiative
Needs to be
- Pattern cutting expert either by qualification and experience or by experience
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Organized and structured with their work load
- Asks questions and seeks understanding first
- Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
Measures of success
- Delivery of accurate, well-fitting first time patterns
- Delivery of approved patterns within given time scale
- Bringing recommendations as to how to alter construction or patterns to improve fit and function
- Effectively work within multidisciplinary teams
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.