Commercial Director/GM- Head of Apparel
An exclusive opportunity for a strong, proactive and experienced commercial leader to make their mark within a global organisation, in the role of Commercial Director/Head of Apparel
This role is to implement a strategy for growth, reaching into the market to identify opportunities for product and sales, and managing a multi-discipline team to support plans and critical success factors.
Commercial Director/General Manger– Head of Apparel: The Job Outline
- To lead and direct all activities with the UK to grow the profitability of the business, and ensure sustainability. Working with a cross functional team ie. Sales, design, product development, production and supply chain.
- To identify and implement business development opportunities to increase sales and cement relationships with existing customers. To take accountability for a strategic sales plan, and to manage and support a team to deliver, anticipate, evaluate and provide customer service excellence.
- Financial and budget accountability for the UK office. Review sales, KPIs and operational reports, along with performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement to determine action.
- Market and competitor intelligence.
- Agree and negotiate commercial terms.
- Manage and motivate a team – setting challenges, goals and mentoring individuals to achieve their career potential.
Commercial Director/General Manager – Head of Apparel: The Person Specification
- Experience within a similar Head of Apparel, General Manager or Commercial Director. Must have a background within supplier environment for fashion, preferably with knowledge of lingerie, intimates or sportswear.
- Proven in managing the full product lifecycle process ie. Design, production, costing, sourcing.
- Global experience – ability to identify and manage customer base in UK & Europe, and understanding of SWOT of the market.
- Results driven. Confident and proven business acumen, strategic planning and negotiation skills
- Strong, motivational leader and excellent people manager. Ability to recruit, build and nurture a positive team and work environment.
- Able to work collaboratively within the internal/external organisation, customers and supply base.
- Experience in P&L, performance evaluation and budgetary management reporting.
- Able to travel offshore as and when required. European language skills would be beneficial.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.