Luxury Garment Tech - 3 Month Rolling Contract - 38k/42k
About the Company...
My client is a Luxury urban Ladieswear brand who are currently experiencing major success in the market, known for contemporary & ultra-feminine pieces. Located in an East London Studio, a chance to work with this company will be great for an experienced Luxury Garment Tech looking to work for a boutique brand and build on their experience.
About the Role…
- Check pattern, costing sheet, production notes and development samples to create accurate garment measurements and manufacturing specification sheets.
- Update measurement and manufacturing specification sheets to issue for production, ensuring measurements are consistent across all sourcing bases.
- Work with the assistant tech to ensure all specs are clear, being sure all samples conform to sizing spec.
- Plan and organise all fit meetings including booking models, sending diary invites etc.
- Concisely present all measurement and manufacturing discrepancies to the team.
- Lead fit sessions alongside design to assess and improve fit, make and quality of garments
- Have a good understanding of the critical path and able to manage it also.
- Ensures finishing methods in the production cycle are in line with the brand level and an eye on margin for production ease.
- Assess risk factors by checking fabric test reports at briefing stage and working alongside buying and design to suggest appropriate solutions
- Work with Production team according to their priority list to create a 'pre-production sample pack' in conjunction for the factories, to include Tech Sheet, Fabric, Trims, Pattern, Pattern Measurements and Noted up Toile.
- Key point of contact for manufacturers regarding quality and finishing standards
- Manage factory profiles - assess and evaluate factory performance, capabilities, areas of improvement etc. and report back to Production Manager.
- A Minimum of 5 Year'sexperience within the Luxury sector
- Available for travel at times will be required.
- The candidate as such should have a good understanding of garment construction and pattern cutting as well as sizing, fitting and sowing and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Candidate should be a good communicator, strong administrator, highly organised, good at prioritisation and good at relationship building and maintaining, as well as a proven track record of working as part of a team.
- Experience within a luxury womenswear brand with fashion week showtime experience is preferred.
- Previous communication and working relationships with factories based in the far east are Desirable.
- Must be flexible, proactive and able to work to tight deadlines and have a highly proficient skill set in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Holiday Allowance
- Company Wide Discount
If this Senior Garment Technologist role interests you, please click the 'Apply' button and submit your CV and quote JHSGTF