5 days left
- Job Type
Luxury Garment Tech - 3 Month Rolling Contract - 38k/42k
About the Company...
My client is a Luxury urban Ladieswear brand who are currently experiencing major success in the market, known for contemporary & ultra-feminine pieces. Located in an East London Studio, a chance to work with this company will be great for an experienced Luxury Garment Tech looking to work for a boutique brand and build on their experience.
About the Role…
- Check pattern, costing sheet, production notes and development samples to create accurate garment measurements and manufacturing specification sheets.
- Update measurement and manufacturing specification sheets to issue for production, ensuring measurements are consistent across all sourcing bases.
- Work with the assistant tech to ensure all specs are clear, being sure all samples conform to sizing spec.
- Plan and organise all fit meetings including booking models, sending diary invites etc.
- Concisely present all measurement and manufacturing discrepancies to the team.
- Lead fit sessions alongside design to assess and improve fit, make and quality of garments
- Have a good understanding of the critical path and able to manage it also.
- Ensures finishing methods in the production cycle are in line with the brand level and an eye on margin for production ease.
- Assess risk factors by checking fabric test reports at briefing stage and working alongside buying and design to suggest appropriate solutions
- Work with Production team according to their priority list to create a 'pre-production sample pack' in conjunction for the factories, to include Tech Sheet, Fabric, Trims, Pattern, Pattern Measurements and Noted up Toile.
- Key point of contact for manufacturers regarding quality and finishing standards
- Manage factory profiles - assess and evaluate factory performance, capabilities, areas of improvement etc. and report back to Production Manager.
- A Minimum of 5 Year'sexperience within the Luxury sector
- Available for travel at times will be required.
- The candidate as such should have a good understanding of garment construction and pattern cutting as well as sizing, fitting and sowing and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Candidate should be a good communicator, strong administrator, highly organised, good at prioritisation and good at relationship building and maintaining, as well as a proven track record of working as part of a team.
- Experience within a luxury womenswear brand with fashion week showtime experience is preferred.
- Previous communication and working relationships with factories based in the far east are Desirable.
- Must be flexible, proactive and able to work to tight deadlines and have a highly proficient skill set in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Holiday Allowance
- Company Wide Discount
If this Senior Garment Technologist role interests you, please click the 'Apply' button and submit your CV and quote JHSGTF
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly