The Womenswear Buyer reports into the Senior Buyer with responsibility for supporting the commercial delivery of the Womenswear collections working hand-in-hand with the design team and managing a Junior Buyer. The focus of the role is to ensure a cohesive balanced collection that captures brand appropriate trends in line with brand DNA, suitable for a broad portfolio of worldwide retail stores and concessions. The successful candidate will be a mid-level buyer with an elevated taste level and creative eye with strong numerical and analytical skills and a minimum 5 years’ buying experience within premium or luxury international fashion.
DRIVING THE BUSINESS
- Work with Merchandising team to deliver detailed range plans for the season communicating to Design in an appropriate and effective way.
- Support B&M/Design team on a day to day basis.
- Work with the Design team from design inception through to delivery to customer and ensure a consistent brand identity that is commercial, relevant, on trend and aspirational range is delivered.
- Challenge the Design and Merchandising teams driving new and interesting brand appropriate product.
- Contribute, prepare and support the Senior Buyer in Product presentations and range reviews with Design and Merchandising.
- Drive product development and commerciality through involvement in fit sessions, fabric and colour choice.
- Constantly review Womenswear market and external competitors, through regular comp shops and research, to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate.
- Extensive research for new trends, colours and shapes appropriate to the brand, and feed into the design process for new season collections.
- Review pricing architecture with Merchandising team to ensure the brand is competitive and relevant to the customer.
- Gather constructive feedback from stores, VM and Retail and communicate effectively with relevant departments.
- With the Senior Buyer, oversee OE planning, ensuring we are using liability where appropriate. Manage approval and fits process to deliver the Outlet Range within critical path.
- Work closely with VM and eCommerce to ensure the design process and aesthetics are represented through product placement and advertorial.
- Support the B&M Manager and Head of Design with any relevant tasks.
- Seek and understand brand values, vision and strategy, and ensure these are continually delivered.
- Understand brand positioning in the UK and international markets.
- Awareness of financial targets understanding the building blocks of how they are to be delivered.
- Show continual awareness of the global customer profile and reflect this in all activities and decisions.
- Contribute commercial ideas and views, adding value to decisions made by the team.
- Work with Design, Merchandising and Production to assess the size of trend, using past history and judgement to scope potential.
- Use knowledge of store space and the different retail channels to ensure coordinated product is delivered to every area of the business working with Branch Merchandising and the multi-channel teams to realise potential.
- Visit stores regularly, completing comp shops and monitoring key activities and changes made by competitors and propose action points.
- Analyse and interpret information from different sources quickly and accurately to make effective decisions.
- Take difficult and business critical decisions confidently and accurately with the best interest of the business in mind.
- Consider a range of options before forming views, actively seeking opinions from others to improve ideas.
- Find logical and commercial solutions to problems, contributing to team problem solving.
- Take initiative to resolve issues within the remit of the role.
- Take full responsibility for own actions and those of any direct reports and follow through to completion.
- Always consider the brand in every decision.
- Review past decisions in light of new information.
- Mid-level Womenswear Buyer with a balance of creativity and commercial acumen.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Fashion Design/Fashion Business preferential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience specialising in Womenswear Fashion.
- Eye for trend driven and elevated fashion with experience in premium or luxury womenswear.
- Results focused team player and a self-starter with the ability to set stretching goals.
- Ability to connect with and understand the brand’s vision and identity.
- Effective listening and influencing skills working in a flexible manner with all kinds of people.
- Calm and rational during challenging situations.
- Persuasive, energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, ownership and a consistently reliable, mature & confident attitude.
- Represent the Buying department in a positive and professional manner at all times within the business.
- Lead by example as a strong role model for junior team members.
- Set goals and manage multiple priorities, keeping management informed, seeking and acting on feedback.
- Willingly take on the responsibilities of line manager/colleagues when they are absent.