Head of Contract Design and Development
Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for Head of Contract, Design and Development.
Head of Contract Design and Development - The Role:
- Reporting into the Creative Director, providing guidance and support in the development of the creative vision, providing insight and expertise.
- To be the creative guardian of the business, leading, inspiring and delivering a strong uncompromising creative point of view.
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the design of collections are ranges.
- Manage, drive and nurture collaborations with other designers and companies who compliment and strengthen the product range and company ethos.
- Research current trends and utilise this knowledge to be inspirational in expanding the scope of the business's trend direction.
- Effectively and regularly present trend direction into the Creative Director, design team and external collaborators.
- Apply these global trends of fabric, colour,lifestyle,travel,aesthetics and technical innovations to new product developments.
- Show an expert understanding of the global textile market and make informed decisions to lead and drive the new product proposals working in conjunction with the Product Management team and in line with the overall business strategy.
- Establish and develop relationships with influential creatives worldwide, maintaining contract and building relationships to gather the latest information on future product requirements.
- Take ownership and accountability for the creative styling at the same time support Marketing in a structured and collaborative manner on branding, exhibitions and showroom spaces.
- Set the creative vision and drive the 2-5 year product strategy.
- Consult with the Creative Director and other Board members on structural changes and management issues within the department and the development of the product development function.
Head of Contract Design and Development - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Be honest, sincere and genuine with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding technical textile design skills including surface pattern and weave.
- Strong conceptional skills to work up ideas and have an energy in presenting ideas and concepts.
- A creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world.
- Proven ability to demonstrate new solutions and creativity, whilst assessing its commerciality.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams, project management and product development, often managing multiple projects with a broad range of internal and external constituents simultaneously and with tight deadlines for project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Have a desire to be the best in everything you do with an ability to creative and inspiring culture.
Head of Contract Design and Development - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.