Technologist - Premium Childrenswear
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing, fast paced Global business on a premium childrenswear brand.
Location: Kings Cross
What you will be doing…
In this role you will be focused on Childrenswear and technology. With the support of the technical manager, you will develop new product in conjunction with design and buying, ensuring that all relevant standards and legislation are met. To challenge and improve quality standards and manage sizing and fit/ product specification & risk assessment.
You will also:
- Help to develop and maintain block or specification library for all relevant products.
- Review design specs and working with offshore offices and factories to facilitate production of development samples.
- Support the development of quality standards and implementing these in Childrenswear.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager to assess suppliers and provide objective feedback to support the Sourcing strategy.
- Taking responsibility for relevant critical path events and working to find solutions to problems around this.
- Problem solving within their area of responsibility.
- Managing empowerment of offshore office and supplier Technical teams.
- Drive change and new Technologies.
What you will bring...
- Knowledge and understanding of Childrenswear safety regulations
- Experience and understanding of Childrenswear products
- A good understanding of manufacturing capabilities and limitations in their area of responsibility
- Ability to conduct a factory visit and assess product quality highlighting areas of concern
- Experience within a dynamic and fast paced environment