7 days left
- Experienced Non-Manager
Our client has been creating fine woollen cloth from their base in West Yorkshire, ever since establishment in 1837. With over 180 years of proud British manufacturing and design heritage to their name, they are now one of Britain’s last remaining vertical woollen mills.
They create their collections with a balance between innovative design & traditional craft, maintaining their position at the forefront of commercial trends with consistent high quality. Their passion for distinction remains as strong now as ever, carrying the message of what it truly means to be ‘Made in Yorkshire’.
Applications are now invited for the role of experienced Loom Technician.
In this role you will manage and maintain to the highest standards, a clean and safe environment under the guidelines from the Cloth Production Manager and the company H & S guidelines. Working as part of the production team with a flexible approach to working life, implementing change and promoting a “right first time, no fault” forward approach to quality. Key responsibilities will include: -
- To ensure that looms run to optimum efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Manage and maintain a share of looms on any set week and help where needed, if needed on others.
- Place gears into looms and prepare everything needed for weaving function to commence.
- Ensuring accurate start-up of new warps, checking construction, design, against production sheet and passing standard. Ensuring the quality checklist is completed and tickets signed for each new warp.
- To ensure the general maintenance of the looms – in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- To maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- Monitoring spare parts stock levels and report back to the weaving manager any requirements; recording any parts that have been fitted during your shift period and the current stock level.
- To ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained within the weaving areas.
- All H & S requirements are adhered to, ensuring PPE and hearing protection provided are used.
- Undertake training and development (if required).
A full job description will be discussed with short listed candidates.
Experience as a loom technician is essential – Dornier looms preferred but others are acceptable
as training will be provided for the right candidate. The role will be shift based and may require overtime.
A can do, forward thinking approach is important, working in an environment of openness and honesty.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your career with a well-respected, people focused employer.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV to email@example.com
Apply for Loom Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly