Junior Buyer - Menswear
Junior Buyer – Menswear - Shirts - Own brand product development, range building, sourcing & supplier management
About the role:
Offering amazing product at the right prices for our customers, means building fantastic ranges at the right price first. Here at George our Buyers put the customer first; we listen, we’re in tune with their needs and we work hard together to offer the style and quality our customers seek.
On Mens woven shirts you’ll find yourself immersed in an exciting, innovative and challenging department within Menswear delivering the appropriate Menswear DNA to our George man, delivering appropriate fashion looks and as an Junior Buyer you will be totally responsible in sourcing & developing it all!
This role will see you take ownership for building and buying your own range. It’s the perfect opportunity for a current junior buyer or an experienced assistant Buyer who’s already gained buying experience within a Menswear retail buying environment, who’s looking for a new challenge and that next step.
The ins and outs:
* Be responsible for main range price negotiation including negotiating with suppliers on woven shirt product area
* Build strong relationships with our supply base to develop product concepts across the range
* Provide input into range plans and take responsibility
for administration of relevant buying information i.e. POS, lab dips, gold seals & amendments
* Be responsible for reporting on best & worst sellers weekly & seasonally
* Prepare for key department meetings i.e. selection and product meetings
* With merchandising team be responsible for critical path management & weekly progressing of all product lines, providing information flow between teams & supplier
* Contribute and manage products fits/overall look, ideally with an awareness of garment construction
* Demonstrate knowledge of market strategy, customer and competitor profiles
* Manage PR sampling and with the Buyer administrate marketing & trading activity
* Be responsible for completion of monthly competitor reports
* Understand competitor pricing strategy and George positioning within the market place.
What you’ll need:
You’ll possess a keen eye for trend, live and breathe ‘fashion’ and be excited to see your products on sale across the shop floor. With experience ideally gained within retail buying or product development you’ll enjoy working directly with suppliers, be an excellent team player and strong communicator.
You’ll also possess:
* Strong organisation & administration skills, the ability to work under deadlines
* The ability to prioritize effectively, work at pace, demonstrate an attention to detail with good numerical, planning and analytical skills
* Ability to manage a fast paced work load
* Able to work as part of a team.