Yarn Purchaser and Planner
Our client has been creating fine woollen cloth from their base in West Yorkshire, ever since establishment in 1837. With over 180 years of proud British manufacturing and design heritage to their name, they are now one of Britain’s last remaining vertical woollen mills.
They create their collections with a balance between innovative design & traditional craft, maintaining their position at the forefront of commercial trends with consistent high quality. Their passion for distinction remains as strong now as ever, carrying the message of what it truly means to be ‘Made in Yorkshire’.
They now have an opening for an experienced Yarn Purchaser and Planner to work within their logistics and planning team to support their continued growth. As well as making their own high-quality yarns to weave their cloth, they buy a variety of special yarns from a select number of domestic and international yarn producers.
In this role your key responsibilities will include: -
- Reporting to and following the instruction of the Yarn Purchasing Manager.
- Purchase yarn to the correct specification.
- To ensure they have the correct yarn ‘on time in full’ to meet the production requirements.
- Liaise with preferred suppliers to ensure future availability of the required yarns in the right volumes at the right price.
- To understand and manipulate data, using both MS Excel and Reflex Data (Mertex) software to control and manage internal stocks and to create demand for internal manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Work with the Yarn Purchasing Manager and the production team to find ways to improve process.
A full job description will be discussed with short listed candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have gained experience from working in one or more of the following functions: procurement, scheduling, planning or production within a textile manufacturer, a yarn producer, a stockist or an importer who use woollen and/or natural fibre yarns. You should be highly numerate and proficient at manipulating and presenting data, be computer literate with expertise in Excel & Word, experience with Reflex Data (Mertex) would be highly advantageous. A good working knowledge of fibres/fibre types and a knowledge of yarn count systems are essential, and a textile qualification would be desirable.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your career with a well-respected, people focused employer.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV