Product Developer - Mens Lifestyle Clothing
Job Title: Product Developer
Direct reports: none
Location: London (which frequent travel to the supply base)
Key Purposes of the Job:
As Product Developer you will be responsible for developing and producing commercial product at the right cost, right quality and on time SMS delivery.
You will work closely with your tech counterpart to commercialise the range at a margin whilst maintaining the design, quality and fit.
You will be the key collaborator with design during the sketching and design process to shape and achieve their vision, pre-empting any issues in production and providing solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all product development deadlines are met in line with the brand calendar.
- To build and maintain technical packages and accurately communicate our requirements to the supply base.
- Achieve and excel category intake margins in line with strategy.
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers and understand capabilities and areas of opportunity.
- To ensure accuracy of all information held on the system ensuring efficient management of information throughout the business.
- Contribute to the category global sourcing strategy and supplier KPI’s.
- Guide, support and advise the Design Team to ensure pricing architecture is achieved whilst offering workable solutions to their concept and vision.
- Responsible for executing the line plan and highlighting opportunities based on market and competitor research.
- Work closely with the tech team to standardise construction and fit.
- Key contributor in the fit meeting, making recommendations to perfect the fit and design aesthetic.
- Responsible for delivering a clean and thorough handover to your tech counterpart from SMS to bulk production.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Some travel to global factory bases.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload in line with calendar time lines.
- Understanding of developing product from beginning to end, understanding all implications and timings of bulk production.
- Able to carry out cost negotiations with the factory and set targets.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Illustrator an advantage.
- Excellent awareness of retail fashion and trends with a commercial viewpoint.
- A confident, proactive team player with a sense of humour.
- Capacity to embrace change and growth.
- Degree in Fashion/Textile Design, Technology is preferred.
- Technical team
- Manufacturers, fabric and accessories suppliers