Buyer - Clothing
As a Buyer - Clothing for the key Retail / Wholesale brand based in Essex you will maximise the profitability of the brand by developing and delivering the product range to support the brand strategy and KPIs.
Our client is a leader in their field, they successfully operate across retail and wholesale within all of the major brands and are growing the team based in Essex & London rapidly.
As a Buyer - Clothing you will;
- Manage team, work collaboratively across the Group, ensuring achievement of KPIs, and contribute to creating a positive working environment for all colleagues, inspiring team, in a positive and professional manner to work to the best of their abilities.
- Develop, with design product ranges tailored to the customer profile and jurisdiction to achieve or exceed sales plans.
- Identify product from existing business and build ranges tailored to the customer profile and jurisdiction to achieve or exceed sales plans.
- Develop market positioning and benchmark the competition (and international markets where relevant).
- Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses. Use this to competently negotiate orders, to achieve and exceed a balanced target margin, paying fair prices for product without sacrificing the brand positioning and handwriting.
- Support critical path compliance, ensuring new product ranges are delivered in a timely manner, while improving speed to market, ensuring sales meetings are conducted in line with customer buying schedule.
Plus much more!
To be successful as a Buyer - Clothing for the key Retail / Wholesale brand based in Essex you will need;
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, with an academic or fashion subject or relevant industry experience
- Strong numerical skills used for negotiation.
- Buying experience, developed, implemented and reviewed a strategy and fully completed a trading cycle.
- Sound in depth knowledge of the fashion market, (U k and International) brand positioning and trends. An understanding of current economic situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly, a good assertive influencer. Strong organisational and task management skills, with the ability to manage and delegate own workload, as well as overseeing the work of others.