Our Client a leading designer Brand has a vacancy in their Production Department for a Costing Technician.
- The Costing Technician, reports into the Technical Manager and works within the Production department, with the responsibility of generating all development yields and maintaining all production costings.
- The role will be need to liaise closely with the Product Development, Atelier, Technologists, Fabric and Purchasing teams.
Costing Technician Responsibilities:
- Calculate all garment yields and fill out technical component sheets at development stage either manually or on Gerber Accumark
- Attend all finishes meetings to gather relevant style information
- Liaise with all relevant department to resolve any technical or outstanding issues related to yields.
- Ensure all yields are kept up to date with style changes throughout development stage
- Conduct thorough costings analysis; evaluate and compare yields, assess and align material requirements across styles and fabrications
- Collect and review of sampling factory yields against inhouse yields
- Gather all information for processes and special techniques from Product Development; assess feasibility for production, price impact and flag issues with relevant departments
- Production print placement engineering in liaison with Print designer.
- Attend all Costing Review and Production handover meetings; flagging yield issues and proposing solutions to all teams.
- Re-evaluate yields of styles with fit changes impacting material consumption and updating Zedonk.
- Check all processes have been entered with correct production yields and confirmed prices
- Check all costings for correct colour matches and flag discrepancies with Product Development after costings handover.
- Create a seasonal zip log for Purchasing department; check zip for quality, lengths, colours and style utility
- Update costings in Zedonk following Garment Tech industrialization checks, notify Purchasing teams of changes to raw materials
- Final yield check through lay-plans in Gerber post style grading
- Flag to Purchasing team any yield changes and Production manager of any margin impacts
- Validate costings with Production team for factory send-out, post PPS fits
- Issue final lay-plans to factory at production handover stage.
Costing Technician Essential Skills & Requirements
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Womenswear Pattern Cutting or relevant discipline.
- Experience in working on Gerber Accumark (Marker making) & Illustrator or Photoshop software
- Competent technical understanding of patterns, fit, garment construction and manufacturing techniques
- Key analytical skills over product and costings, with ability to recommend optimisations.
- Flexible and accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- Quick to learn and adapt to the brands product standard
- Resourceful, proactive and diligent, with good attention to detail
- Good time management skills and able to prioritize
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.