SENIOR ASSISTANT/JUNIOR DESIGNER – Streetwear brand
A leading urban streetwear brand is looking to recruit a strong Assistant/Junior Designer to strengthen and grow their team.
As Junior Designer you will build strong relationships with factories and assist the Brand Manager and Founder in the ‘end-to-end production of each line. Although this is a leading ‘street wear’ brand it is more important you have an experienced ‘hand’ in design than of the younger, ‘street wear’ market, but both is a real bonus.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the look of the brand, working with the Founder to create the range and create cohesive product in line with trends and seasonal direction.
- Hold the creation of new design ideas incorporating fabric, print, colour, graphic and styling across wovens, jersey, denim, outerwear and knits.
- Inspiration and trend research plus competitor analysis.
- Pull together and produce storyboards and colour palettes.
- Creation of product specification and design packs.
- Playing an active part in product launches and fit meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong passion for fashion is desired.
- Experience working within the fashion industry is essential.
- A strong academic background, ideally educated to degree level within a relevant subject.
- A good level of commercial awareness gained through market research and keeping up to date with trade press material.
- Experience of working with wholesalers.
- Have a solid understand of multiple distribution channels.
- Have good analytical skills and be comfortable working with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you have relevant experience for this role please click the apply button to send your CV to Elisa Fosterman, remembering to state your current salary level and package.
Job ref: EF-47733
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted