Yarn Purchaser & Planner West Yorkshire
Great career opportunity has arisen for an ambitious self motivated Yarn Purchaser and Planner to be based at our clients head office in West Yorkshire. You will have several years experience working in a woollen and natural fibre yarns, ,yarn count systems ,good eye for detail ,enthusiastic and willingness to grow and develop your skills.
We are seeking to recruit a Yarn Purchaser and Planner to work within our logistics and planning team to support our continued growth. As well as making our own high quality yarns to weave our cloth, we buy a variety of specialist yarns from a select number of domestic and international yarn producers. To be successful in this role you will have gained experience from working in one or more of the following functions; procurement, scheduling, planning or production within a textile manufacturer, a yarn producer, a stockist or an importer who use woollen and / or natural fibre yarns.
- To work with, and follow the instruction of the Yarn Purchasing Manager
- To purchase yarn to the correct specification
- To ensure we have the correct yarn ‘on time in full’ to meet the production requirements
- To liaise with preferred suppliers to ensure future availability of the required yarns in the right volumes and at the right price
- To understand and manipulate data using both MS Excel and ReflexData (Mertex) Software to control and manage internal stocks and to create demand for internal manufacturing and external suppliers
- To work with the Yarn Purchasing Manager and the production team to find ways to improve processes
- To operate in a safe manner through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Any other duties as requested by the Yarn Purchasing Manager that are deemed within your abilities and to the benefit of the business.
- Undertake training and development (as required).
Knowledge and skills necessary:
- Three – five years’ experience working with woollen and/or natural fibre yarns.
- HNC or equivalent in Textiles or related industry (desirable)
- Highly numerate and proficient at manipulating and presenting data
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word
- Experienced with Reflex Data (Mertex) software is highly advantageous
- To have good working knowledge of yarn count systems
- To have a good working knowledge of fibres / fibre types
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate well, including appropriate use of computer software.
- Can Do approach - Has enthusiastic drive, showing ambition and self-confidence.
- Openness and Integrity - Encourages an environment of openness and honesty.
For the correct candidate we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Challenging and rewarding role
- Excellent career prospects
- IF THIS IS YOU THEN PLEASE DO NOT DELAY , SEND YOUR CV DETAILS TO US TODAY !