Weaving Manager West Yorkshire
Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a WEAVING MANAGER to join a well established & successful company based in West Yorkshire. You will be experienced and mechanically minded to manage the weaving machines , you will work as part of a team providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
Mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring that all looms are kept in peak working condition following a detailed preventative maintenance schedule:
- Prioritising maintenance to ensure maximum loom efficiency
- Identifying worn or defective parts replacing as and when required
- Checking and changing lubricants as per the maintenance schedule
- Internal cleaning.
- Identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- Ensure each job has a pattern standard in the drawer. If not, collect from Design.
- To ensure that a safe working environment is followed through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures:
- Ensuring that all maintenance, repair and lubrication is carried out when the looms are at a standstill.
- Ensuring that machines are only operated in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages
- Management of all employees within the Weaving department.
- Drawing up training plans for employees.
- Drawing up Health & Safety Risk Assessments for department.
- Responsible for time and attendance using the TMS system, including payroll information.
- Updating Human Resources and Manager, as necessary.
- Liaising with different managers to support in the role.
- Compiling efficiency statistics.
- Other duties which are deemed suitable.
Attributes and Experience
- Manager / Supervisor skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good literacy skills
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
- Mechanical knowledge of Weaving machines
- Prior experience as a supervisor/manager in Weaving department, preferably using Dornier looms.
- IF THIS IS YOU THEN PLEASE DON'T DELAY , SEND YOUR CV DETAILS TO US TODAY !!!