Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Merchandiser to join one of the fastest growing high street retailers.
The Assistant Merchandiser should have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as an MAA/MA with allocation experience and a good trading mind set as the organisation has had continual and exceptional like for like sale growth.
- Monitor sales and stock (markdowns, trading risks and changing season codes twice yearly)
- Analysis and administration, maintaining accurate paperwork and making sure there are no data inaccuracies
- Act as a departmental mentor for administration Assistants - managing workloads, holding weekly reviews and assessing progress
- Actively participate in a weekly business objects steering group, validating reports, ensuring fitness for purpose, proposing and designing new reports to cover gaps in current reporting
- To be completely aware of the development of the range and option plans (responsibility with the buying team and checking, updating and maintaining of store and style grading ensuring all opportunities are maximised)
- Making sure that the merchandise controller is well briefed on all issues under your remit and that to adhere to company policy under the direction of the merchandiser
- To consistently deliver against company expectations and policy and to make sure suppliers manage the same in the areas under your responsibility
- Competent WSSI knowledge
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience within merchandising
- Allocating and MAA experience required
- Strong understanding of the critical path process of product development
- Clear communication at all levels
- Measure and calm at all times
- Good analytical and numerical skills