Buyer - 12 month contract
This role for a Buyer - 12 month contract is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer who is looking for a step up and more autonomy within their role. If you are passionate about product, enjoy being ahead of the trend curve and a strong negotiator then this role is for you. Ideal for someone who can start ASAP.
My client is a very well established retailer in Uxbridge. They produce a high volume of trend driven home products, always challenging the market and becoming market leaders within their field.
The role for Buyer - 12 month contract in Uxbridge is to -
- Propose, develop and implement brand strategies, in conjunction with your Senior and the Procurement Manager, in order to support the long term goals of the business and development of a suitable product portfolio to satisfy the needs of the market.
- Create an annual business plan to detail the tactical execution of the brand strategy and to allow achievement of business set KPI's.
- Perform quarterly reviews against business plan targets
- Produce monthly board updates.
- Build and develop relationships with local and global suppliers, whilst monitoring ongoing performance and implementing improvement plans where necessary.
- Attend supplier meetings and relevant trade shows in UK & overseas.
- Negotiate and maintain supply agreements, detailing all aspects of operational and legal interfaces, to minimise potential liabilities whilst maximising supplier performance & disciplines.
- Restrict and minimise cost increases in line with set process & implement cost saving initiatives for net annual savings.
- Negotiate Rebates and Marketing contributions to increase Supplier Collections YoY.
- Identify opportunities in relation to supplier payments terms and negotiate where necessary to improve overall cash cycle days.
- Analyse competitor activity in relation to product ranges, brand development, presentation to market, and pricing structures.
- Conduct product and supplier research in line with brand strategy to identify opportunities for continuous development.
- Perform necessary management, of the new product development process, to ensure sub-category team meets all set deadlines and achieve zero out of stocks at product launch date.
- Work with Stock Control to minimise out of stocks whilst supporting the improvement of supplier's performance to ensure planning strategies are implemented effectively.
- Identify declining products and implement suitable exit actions to minimise financial risk to the business
- Sign off all external marketing media and brand calendar activity.
The skill set for a Buyer - 12 month contract in Uxbridge would be to -
- The ability to recognise retail market trends
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excel Skills- Intermediate to Advanced
- Communication skills.
- Confidence and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Negotiation skills
- Communication - Written and Verbal
- Planning, organising, prioritising
- Resilience & Openness to Change
£40,000 + fantastic benefits including flexible working