Merchandising & Buying Assistant
This role will be assisting the Merchandising and Buying departments to ensure the smooth running of their divisions
Our client is a beautiful brand with a presence both online and with boutique stores round the country. They have continued the successful journey and now looking for an Assistant to come and join them on a fix term contract.
- Daily contact with suppliers to get updates on orders.
- Placing new orders with suppliers.
- Working alongside PD and Purchasing to help develop new and existing ranges.
- Manage critical paths closely, working with other members of the team.
- Communicating production forecasts to suppliers and ensuring they are on track, working alongside they Key Account Manager.
- Reviewing forecasts on a weekly basis to ensure ideal stock levels are maintained.
- Work closely with the QC Team to set procedures and processes.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Communicating stock deliveries internally to the team.
- Managing shipments.
- Pro-actively looking for new suppliers and arranging samples as appropriate.
- Providing administration support to both the Key Account Managers and PD team.
- The successful candidate must have 2-3 years experience within Buying or Merchandising
- Have strong analytical skills with at least intermediate Excel skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness and communication skills.
- Demonstrate your ability to proactively identify problems and work quickly to resolve them.
- Be very organised and dedicated.
- Be able to work both alone using your initiative whilst simultaneously working alongside and providing support to the wider team as required.
Offering a competitive salary and benefits