My client is currently looking for a Menswear Buyer to join their Menswear team in a fast paced, dynamic role where you'll be responsible for creating and promoting a range of product for each season, in order to achieve sales, stock and margin targets for the relevant department.
My client is a well-known fashion retailer based in Bristol.
They are currently one of the market leaders within their field, they offer a fantastic work life balance. A great opportunity to grow your career and a fantastic head office culture.
The successful Menswear Buyer candidate will have the following responsibilities -
- Co-ordinate both the look and style of the full range of the department, working with the Designer to agree on both mood and story boards for translation into product.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential suppliers, attending trade shows, buying trips and competitor shopping trips as and when required.
- Work closely with Merchandising to propose ranges/products for marketing campaigns and events, following the key looks driven by Marketing.
- Prepare and present to Heads of department and Directors at range selection and sign off meetings.
- Plan product launches in line with divisional launch dates and ensure the ranges land on time by effectively managing the junior team and critical path.
- Manage and develop a team of Junior, Assistant and Trainee Buyers, setting and managing objectives alongside day to day distribution of workload.
- Negotiate costs with supply base on new and core products to meet requirements.
- Create the strategy for the department alongside the Merchandising team to fit in with divisional KPIs.
The Menswear Buyer in Bristol will have the following skills -
- Proven experience in a Junior Buyer or Buyer role, within fashion retail, preferably Menswear
- Knowledge of current Menswear market and trends
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills
- High level of personal effectiveness
A highly competitive salary - Above average for the area
You will also receive a full 360 induction to the business with exposure to Senior Leaders across the business from day one. You'll have access to their extensive development opportunities to support your growth along with our excellent benefits package.