Buying Assistant/ Assistant Buyer – George Clothing
Buying Assistant/ Assistant Buyer - George Clothing
Based at George House in Lutterworth
About the role:
Offering amazing product at the right prices for our customers, means building fantastic ranges at the right price first. Here at George our Buyers put the customer first; we listen, we're in tune with their
needs and we work hard together to offer the style and quality our customers seek.
You'll find yourself immersed in an exciting, innovative and challenging clothing category delivering the latest fashion looks; and as a Buying Assistant/ Assistant Buyer you'll be supporting your Buyer in sourcing & developing it all!
The ins and outs:
* Assist the Buyer on main range price negotiation including negotiating with suppliers on a multi category product area
* Build strong relationships with our supply base to develop product concepts across the range
* Work closely with the Buyer providing input into range plans and taking responsibility for administration of relevant buying information i.e. POS, lab dips, gold seals & amendments
* Support the buyer in building a range that's right for our customer
* Be responsible for reporting on best & worst sellers weekly & seasonally
* Prepare for key department meetings i.e. selection and product meetings
* Be responsible for critical path management & weekly progressing of all product lines, providing information flow between teams & supplier
* Contribute and manage products fits/overall look, ideally with an awareness of garment construction
* Demonstrate knowledge of market strategy, customer and competitor profiles
* Manage PR sampling and with the Buyer administrate marketing & trading activity
* Be responsible for completion of monthly competitor reports
* Understand competitor pricing strategy and George positioning within the market place.
What you'll need:
You'll possess a keen eye for trend, live and breathe 'fashion' and be excited to see your products on sale across the shop floor. With experience ideally gained within retail buying or product development
you'll enjoy working directly with suppliers, be an excellent team player and strong communicator.
You'll also possess:
* Ability to buy your own product area and manage the buying critical path from start to finish
* Strong organisation & administration skills, coupled with the ability to problem solve
* The ability to prioritize effectively, work at pace, demonstrate an attention to detail with good numerical, planning and analytical skills
* Ability to manage a fast paced work load
* Able to work as part of a team.
Apply now and take your next step in your fashion buying career at George head office in Lutterworth.