Senior Garment Technologist
Role: Senior Garment Technologist
Location: Primrose Hill (NW1 area)
Sahara is seeking a dynamic Senior Garment Technologist, who will have overall responsibility to ensure that Sahara’s products are of an aspirational quality and that their finish is in keeping to the standard that our discerning customer has come to expect.
Working collaboratively with the Production Manager in order to identify opportunities for improvement; your list of responsibilities, whilst not exhaustive, will include:
- Take overall ownership of the sealing process from initial design samples through to production, working strictly to the critical path.
- Being responsible for the quality, fit & legal compliance of the Sahara product, presenting and implementing improvements where required.
- Aligning the fit across the Sahara range; working with fit models to ensure a consistent product, making sure fit reviews are carried out across the full Sahara range, bench-marking against competitors.
- Supervise and provide direction to junior members of the team.
- Attend all style hand overs with our Design Team and our in-house Pattern Cutter to advise on construction, machinery restrictions and possible production risks.
- Have a thorough understanding of grading, with the ability to check and approve graded set for production.
- As 60% percent of Sahara product is produced in the UK, regular / weekly visits to our London based factories are required, to assist and resolve any production issues.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, identifying potential risks and opportunities in the supply chain and driving improvement initiatives.
- Identify and suggest technical and QC improvements, highlighting industry best practice at all times.
- Escalate any issues that would be regarded either as a business or legal risk in terms of QC/technical compliance.
- Strive to reduce customer returns; reviewing these monthly and actioning any changes with suppliers.
- Working with the Production & Brand Manager to ensure garment labels comply with both legal and branding guidelines.
- Build effective working relationships with Design & Merchandising to establish optimum product value.
As a person, you will:
- Be an enthusiastic and passionate leader that is happy to challenge the status quo
- Be optimistic in your outlook and approach challenges positively, taking team members with you
- Be commercial in your approach and always have the customer in mind
- Strive for excellence in all areas of your work
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspired creative teams. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we work hard, we are passionate, and we love to have a laugh. We are an independent company too so we are lucky that don’t have anyone else to answer to, which sometimes allows us more creative freedom than we would experience otherwise. We support one another, we strive for creative excellence and we believe in collaboration more than we do in hierarchy.