You the production manager will be responsible for leading the production department and liaising with the country offices, sales and design teams to ensure that products are delivered on time, at the right quality and profitably.
A great opportunity for a Production Manager to join a leading group of textile companies in the Greater Manchester area. They supply to leading retailers and the Defence & Military Markets.
About the role
- To manage the day to day running of the production department.
- To work with the sales department to achieve target margin.
- To work with the Country Managers / factories to achieve and improve the targeted gross margin by ensuring style work content is commercial, print design is appropriate and fabric, trims and packing are bought efficiently.
- To work with the Country Manager as to which factories particular styles / packages are placed with, to help achieve and improve price, margin, quality and delivery targets
- To meet the annual delivery targets as defined by the Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure the Senior Merchandisers notify Warehouse Manager or 3rd party re processors of packing lists along with arrival details of all styles.
- Manage all customer claims in a way which ensures minimum cost to the Company. Recommend any settlement payments to the Sourcing Director for approval.
- To ensure that Cost of Quality keeps within the agreed target.
- Achieve the annual customer satisfaction rating for the merchandising and technical departments.
- Ensure the development of strong relationships with all customer merchandising and technical personnel.
- Ensure the Senior Merchandisers visit customers as per the customer contact plan.
- Lead, coach and develop the production team by providing regular feedback and development planning sessions
- To remain within departmental budgets
- 8 years' experience in a similar role within the Clothing Industry.
- Degree/Technical Qualification or equivalent job related experience
- Has a proven track record in the development & implementation of a production/operations strategy
- Has IT skills, particularly MS word & excel
- Has experience of the underwear, nightwear or sock industry.
- Has previous experience in the Licensing Industries
- Clean current driving license
- Willing to undertake travel throughout the UK/abroad.
leading supplier to work for
Leading Accounts in the textile industry
Close to transport links