Junior Womenswear Designer
My client is an innovative brand that produces trend led fashion which is exciting, inspirational and original. They have evolved offering some amazing multiproduct.
The successful candidate will bring cohesion and inspiration to the all areas of the brand. This is a great challenge for the right person to really get their teeth into. Some of their designs are worn by celebrities.
The office culture is fun, friendly and a bubbly, personable individual with an excellent work ethic would fit in well.
Your handwriting will be more streetwear, still current and edgy.
A Portfolio is required upon application and can be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org [Max size 5MB]
Junior Womenswear Designer – Fashion Brand. The Role:
- You will design and work closely with the Head of Design as well as other member of the design team on direction & content for the seasonal womenswear collections.
- Identifying and exploring trends suitable for the aspirational womenswear market; taking into consideration catwalk, highstreet, cultural and social influences as well as the target customer profile. Predict future trends within each product group by considering inspirational brands, trend magazines, internet and social media to create mood boards and colour palettes.
- Present trend conclusions and range plans to the Design teams.
- Work with Directors and Senior Buyers on future design strategies.
- Consider mid-season customer demands through regular comparative, competitor shops.
- Completing detailed spec sheets on Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as using the computer you will hand drawing.
Junior Womenswear Designer – Fashion Brand. The Candidate:
- Ideal candidates will have 1 – 3yrs’ experience since graduating from University. You will have womenswear design background across multiproduct.
- A feminine handwriting is essential.
- Knowledge of sourcing new fabrics, suppliers and negotiation skills.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level within fashion.
- Knowledge of garment construction.
- Hand draw skills as well as print design experience will be an advantage.
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships.
- There may be travel involved to the Far East for sourcing.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Please note that applicants without portfolios will not be considered.
Apply for Junior Womenswear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly