A new role has arisen for a strong technical manager working predominately on Knitwear but also encompassing denim, woven and some jersey to work for a fabulous company who are leaders in their field of supplying both ladies and menswear to a vast range of leading retail and e-tailers. Due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced knitwear technical manager to join their team .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of knitwear styles from the design team once the garment has been sold
- Production is in China, Bangladesh, Cambodia, UK & Turkey.
- Overseeing 2 Garment Technologists and ensuring they are managing their work load and helping them with any issues they may encounter
- Required to look at factory audit reports and the CAP report and liaise with Hong Kong office on the corrective plans
- Responsible for approval of garments and advising on all aspects on fit, construction and quality related issues.
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issue to factories.
- Ensuring samples are developed from initial stage to finished production sample are commercially viable, checked and approved according to customer requirement.
- Attending fit sessions as required, relaying fit comments and amendments to factories.
- Staying up to date with innovations and developments in knitwear production, working with factories to develop styles.
- Working closely within internal design, sampling, sales and merchandising teams, and to develop strong working relationships with customers' own technical teams.
- Experience overseeing a small team
- Previous experience dealing with factory Audit reports
- Strong knitwear background ideally across both ladies and menswear aswell as the ability to work on multi product including denim and woven
- Excellent understanding of the manufacturing processes and garment construction.
- Great team player but equally able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for product.
- Strong and effective communication skills and ability to build positive relationships with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Experience of dealing with offshore factories/suppliers. Able to travel to develop relationships, develop new product and troubleshoot.
- Confident Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel, UK and offshore
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly