Senior Product Manager - Apparel
At Kathmandu we believe adventures are the stuff of life. Whether cycling around the park at lunchtime or trekking through the remote jungles of Borneo, it all comes from an innate human desire to seek out new experiences. At the end of the day, everything we do is about inspiring adventure and encouraging freedom. Freedom to explore, regardless of the destination. Freedom to enjoy travel and the outdoors under any conditions. Freedom to discover the world around us. Because what is life, if not an adventure?
Kathmandu is an inspirational iconic brand synonymous with adventure, innovation and passion. Our core purpose is to inspire adventure in everyone'. For us living the dream is individually defined. It may be the moment you decide to escape for a weekend away of adventure or seeing those hard earned savings turn into an around the world ticket to destinations unexplored and fitting your essential world into a backpack. Whatever the dream, it's about getting out there and having fun - however you define it.
This is a strategic role within the Product Department and is responsible for organising and mentoring a team of dedicated Apparel Product Managers. Reporting into the Group Product Manager, the Senior Product Manager - Apparel role works to align initiatives that drive commercial and strategic growth, and ensure that KPI's for profitability, on-time delivery and innovation are met or exceeded. A critical part of the role is ensuring alignment across other functions including design, materials, development, marketing and retail.
You will also have responsibility for managing your own product group, initiating strategies to lead the product development process ensuring cross functional alignment across Design, Technical and Merchandise Planning; in delivering a range that is innovative, commercially viable, and reinforces Kathmandu's leadership position within Outdoor and Travel solutions.
This is not a job; it's a career opportunity for a candidate who will thrive in a fun, fast paced but professional environment.
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- An outdoor Product Management Guru with an excellent knowledge and experience in outdoor garment/product or related industry in range planning and working with an in-house Design, Technical and Merchandise Planning teams;
- A strategic thinker and doer, who knows how to create product seasonal strategies (item group, category, apparel overarching and 5 year growth strategy)
- Top-notch FOB negotiator with off-shore suppliers, in particular with Asia
- An innovative thinker with ideas into commercial products- reviewing outdoor competitive analysis, market trends, and technology trends. You need to lead and inspire your cross-functional team members when briefing seasonal strategy and product line for your categories / activities and your direct report ones
- A leader with passion and patience. We're looking for a modern type of managers, those who lead through mentoring, support, trust and inspiration;
- Deadline driver and driven. Critical path is our core and you must be able to hit your own and your team's deadlines;
- A strong communicator and know how to inspire and influence cross-functional team members;
- You're an expert in excel and BI. PLM guru would be a plus
- A globetrotter and be able to travel internationally approx. 4 times a year.
We're motivated and dedicated to Kathmandu adventure and we need someone who's as product nerdy as we are. You're that person who understand the size of the prize.
The right personal attributes that align with Kathmandu's friendly and open culture and values is paramount; we are our Brand, and have affinity for travel and adventure lifestyle pursuits, we want you to understand our passion too.
If you are looking for a role with a forward thinking, iconic brand whose values include integrity, passion & determination and resourcefulness, this is the chance of a lifetime to come and work, live and play in the South Island of New Zealand with mountains, rivers and the beach on your doorstep. Kathmandu offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with level of experience, fantastic staff discounts, as well as a relaxed and friendly team environment.