Established multi product supplier is recruiting for an experienced Garment Technologist. To work across a mix of lingerie, swim, nightwear and fashion to sports and leisurewear for volume retailers, online/mail order and licensed brands.
Garment Technologist – The Job
- You will be involved in sampling and approval of garments and all technical aspects associated with multiproduct jersey and woven apparel for womens, mens and kids. From first concept and development to final shipment including critical path management.
- Ensuring quality, fit and health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Manage size specifications and produce detailed tech packs for submission to factories.
- Attending fit sessions internally/externally and communicate amendments.
- Ensure the most appropriate construction methods are used and are to expected quality.
- Ensure samples through to production costs meet client cost expectations.
- Staying up to date with innovations and developments in production
- Manage and advise all test reports, approving lab dips and strike offs.
- Update and manage client online submission sites/systems and own internal systems.
- Manage communication between internal teams, the clients and factories/supply base.
Garment Technologist – The Person Specification
- Experience within a similar garment technologist/technician position (min. 3-4 years) within the fashion industry.
- A knowledge of sports/leisure or lingerie/swim or jersey wear would be an advantage.
- Confident understanding of garment construction and manufacturing process.
- A team player, who is well organised, and self-motivated to manage own workload to critical path deadlines, and to support a busy small UK office.
- Experience of dealing with Far East or offshore factories/suppliers.
- Ability to travel fit sessions when required / occasional offshore.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.