Our client has been creating fine woollen cloth from their base in West Yorkshire, ever since establishment in 1837. With over 180 years of proud British manufacturing and design heritage to their name, they are now one of Britain’s last remaining vertical woollen mills.
They create their collections with a balance between innovative design & traditional craft, maintaining their position at the forefront of commercial trends with consistent high quality. Their passion for distinction remains as strong now as ever, carrying the message of what it truly means to be ‘Made in Yorkshire’.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Weaving Manager.
In this role you will manage and work as part of a team providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all looms are kept in peak working condition following a detailed preventative maintenance schedule.
- Identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- Ensure each job has a pattern standard in the drawer.
- To ensure that a safe working environment is followed through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Management of all employees within the Weaving department.
- Drawing up training plans for employees.
- Drawing up Health & Safety Risk Assessments for department.
- Responsible for time and attendance, including payroll information.
- Updating Human Resources and Manager, as necessary.
- Liaising with different managers to support in the role.
- Compiling efficiency statistics.
- Other duties which are deemed suitable.
A full job description will be discussed with short listed candidates.
Applications are invited for experienced weaving managers/supervisors with a great attention to detail, literacy skills and good mechanical knowledge of weaving machines, preferably Dornier looms. As a leader you will be able to make decisions and follow them through, encouraging an environment of openness and honesty whilst enabling others to succeed and develop within the business.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your career with a well-respected, people focused employer.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Weaving Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly