Production Planner - Weaving
Our client has been creating fine woollen cloth from their base in West Yorkshire, ever since establishment in 1837. With over 180 years of proud British manufacturing and design heritage to their name, they are now one of Britain’s last remaining vertical woollen mills.
They create their collections with a balance between innovative design & traditional craft, maintaining their position at the forefront of commercial trends with consistent high quality. Their passion for distinction remains as strong now as ever, carrying the message of what it truly means to be ‘Made in Yorkshire’.
They now have an opening for an experienced Weaving Production Planner.
In this role you will manage and maintain to the highest standards, a clean and safe environment under the guidelines from the Cloth Production Manager and the company H & S guidelines. Overseeing the production planning of all woven fabrics to achieve production levels using efficiency and capacity targets set with the Cloth Production Manager. Be part of the management team to implement change and promote a ‘right first time, no fault’ forward approach to quality. Key responsibilities will include: -
- Work with all departments to confirm delivery dates for enquires. Checking manufacturing capacity and yarns stocks and lead-times through yarn purchasing department.
- Provide a detailed weekly production plan for a four-week period with various stages of flexibility across each stage. Have visibility on long term production demands against capacity.
- Work with yarn store, warping, healding and weaving managers to implement the production plan set.
- Prepare all documentation and issue in time for plan to be implemented.
- Monitor loom activity and have a constant awareness of performance against plan.
- Provide daily plan in detail so managers are aware of forward loom activity, gears and twists.
- Have experience across many different cloth specifications and yarn types and how these can influence weaving performance.
- Work with cloth production manager on set KPI’s to be agreed to improve performance and efficiency.
- Work to set performance targets, goals and responsibilities.
- Identify and resolve workplace issues across all working hours.
- Plan all machines to operate efficiently and minimize downtime.
- With the Cloth Production manager be able to develop better manufacturing techniques, implement a plan of improvement and put it into practice.
- Production is to the correct specifications using current systems and identifying improvements where needed. Identify ‘continuous improvement’ opportunities.
- All H&S requirements are adhered to, including PPE and hearing protection.
- Undertake training and development (if required).
A full job description will be discussed with short listed candidates.
Applications are invited for experienced production planners with a great attention to detail and a strong technical knowledge of yarns and weaving as well as other related departments. The ability to focus and drive a plan through on time, right first time is essential. As a leader you will be able to make difficult decisions and follow them through, encouraging an environment of openness and honesty whilst enabling others to succeed and develop within the business.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow your career with a well-respected, people focused employer.
Please apply in complete confidence with your current CV to email@example.com
Apply for Production Planner - Weaving
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly