Assistant Merchandiser - Menswear
This is a great new opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser - Menswear to join a growing retailer based in Central London.
This role will see you owning your own area and looking after in season trading, managing group product launches, in season forecasting, looking at analysis to influence future planning and preparing and maintaining range sign off documentation.
My client is a well-known British heritage brand based in Central London. They are growing each year with exciting new store openings happening at the end of A/W18.
As an Assistant Merchandiser - menswear for this key British Heritage Retail brand based in London you will;
- Measure performance against plan, identifying trading risks & opportunities. Review product performance at line level on a weekly basis, and compile proposals to manage risk & realise opportunity.
- Produce analysis of product performance to support trading decisions.
- Formulate markdown proposals within the agreed divisional plan to be signed off by the JM/M to best protect margin and potentialise the stock.
- Oversee intake management across the department, ensuring this is monitored accurately weekly and monthly with any risks highlighted and proposal suggested for amending delivery dates depending on trade.
- Manage group product launches and agree action to allow the release in the event of short/late deliveries. Amend allocation plans by store based on trading decisions.
- Under the guidance of the JM/M, reforecast the WSSI for monthly and quarterly rolls, reflecting business trading strategy. Maintains and forecasts line projections with buy proposals suggested appropriately.
- Plan and re-forecast continuity flow lines. Manage monthly order placement and intake plans with suppliers to maintain plan stock levels
Plus much more!
To be successful in this role you will need;
- A proven track record as an entry AM with WSSI management experience
- Ideally a passion or history of working with menswear
- Market awareness and understanding of target customer
- Positive attitude and adaptable to constantly changing retail environment
- Formal qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent, GCSE Maths or equivalent
- Commercial and product focused
- Demonstrably computer literate in spreadsheets
- High level of numeracy required
- Team management skills
For this Assistant Merchandiser - menswear the salary offered is competitive