Senior Management Accountant
Whistles is a contemporary fashion brand, based in London.
A shopping destination for the busy, dynamic woman, we create timeless pieces with an intelligent sense of design. Collections are considered, wearable and yet distinct, with true seven days a week appeal, crafted to fit effortlessly into modern life.
With an increasing presence on the global fashion stage, we have become a destination for fashion editors and industry leaders alike, renowned for our of-the-moment collaborations with independent brands and our emphasis on quality and longevity.
Whistles Men - our capsule menswear line - is a celebration of contemporary menswear classics, with a core focus on relaxed everyday staples, typified by their clean aesthetic and emphasis on high-level craftsmanship.
Whistles has experienced strong growth over the last 12 months under a new management and ownership structure and, having established a strong base, is now entering a period of further growth and roll out.
Whistles places significant importance on its values which include collaboration, balancing creativity and fresh thinking with commerciality, a progressive approach to test and learn and inclusivity. Whistles aims to inspire and empower both our customers and our teams.
Whistles is a really fun, creative and casual environment to work in and this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain new experiences, working amongst a passionate and friendly team.
We offer a competitive salary, with good benefits (not to mention a very generous employee discount off our fabulous product!)
Key responsibilities include:
Financial & Statutory Reporting
- Support the Finance Manager with the accurate and timely submission of all financial reporting for both the UK entities and all international entities on a monthly/annual basis
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and the finance team to ensure monthly management accounts are completed to a high standard in line with reporting deadline
- Take responsibility for key areas of the month end process including payroll, direct costs and overheads, fixed assets, accruals and creditors
- Review the work of junior members of the team to ensure complete and accurate
- Oversee and manage the day to day effective and efficient running of the Accounts Payable team
- Work with TFG Brands London (TFG) and other group companies (Phase Eight & Hobbs) to ensure all reporting requirements are met on a monthly and annual basis
- Respond to queries and providing supporting information to support TFG group requests
- Responsible for preparation of the statutory accounts and management of the audit process
- Act as the key contact for the auditors throughout the audit process
- Ensure all internal audit requirements are met
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and monitoring of key controls within the finance function
- Complete EC sales and intrastat submissions and all other statistical survey requirements
- Prepare all VAT returns for both the UK and International entities for review by the Finance Manager
- Assist with all international development and compliance requirements
- Assist with all UK and international tax filings (prepare supporting data and liaise with advisors to respond to additional queries)
- Liaise with external advisors to ensure all UK and international compliance requirements are met on a timely basis
- Manage two direct reports (Accounts Payable team)
- Promote team work and a collaborative environment within the finance team
- Manage the annual appraisal process for direct reports
- Review cash flow and support with covenant requirements quarterly
- Review and authorise weekly payment runs
- Support Head of Finance with the management of foreign exchange risk
- Work with TFG and other TFG entities on ad hoc group projects to support changing requirements/legislation
- Work with the Head of Finance to ensure all insurance requirements are met
- Assist with the delivery of the five year strategy both within the finance team and across the business
- Any other ad hoc tasks/projects as required by the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager or other departments
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA with 2+ years post qualified experience
- Experience working in Retail / Multi site environment
- Experience working within a Group is preferable
- Experience of managing cash flow and monitoring banking arrangements
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Competitive benefits
- Generous holiday
- Commitment to your training and development