Menswear Designer - Premium lifestyle Brand
- Undertake trend research and highlight emerging trends and opportunities for the brand. Conducting regular comp shops of competitors and aspirational brands.
- Mapping out ideas against the range plan and communicating these ideas at key sign off points in a confident and enthusiastic manner. Maintaining a balance of commerciality and new seasonal ideas.
- Creating CAD’s for all fabric and garment options in the range. Being able to self-edit and make decisions of the styles & details prior to key contact points with the head of design.
- Maintain and update all design boards, CAD’s and make sheets throughout the design process.
- Action seasonal proto & fabric developments with the buyers & technical team. Following development of samples through with the buying & tech team to approve fabrics, colours & proto fits.
- Working autonomously day to day and planning workload throughout the season to meet key deadlines.
- Leading, motivate and develop junior members within the team.
- Building a strong working relationship with the category buyer and develop an understanding of suppliers capabilities and limitations.
- Presenting SMS samples to the senior management team & sales teams where required.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of menswear multi product
- Collaborative approach to working in a team
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to design to price points
- Creative flair and colour sensibility
- Able to create original print/pattern artworks
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Engaging and work well with a range of teams
- Flexibility to travel in the UK when required
- Strong CAD skills, fluent in Adobe Creative suite