Our client is a leading highstreet retailer which is continue to grow and now looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to come and join their fantastic head office based in the South West. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about Merchandising and looking to join a successful business.
Our client is the largest outdoor retailer in the UK, with a combined turnover of £210m operating nationwide and online. They are proud to be specialists with each fascia having its own identity supported by one central back office and due to their on going success are expanding their Head Office team.
- Report weekly stock, sales, margin analysis across the company, manage changes in stock/product mix to maximise sales/profit.
- Create and use WSSI to control overall stock commitment and OTB across the company and give an accurate forward view of key metrics.
- With the Exec and Finance setting the budgeted sales, stock and margin targets/phasing for the financial year. Where applicable make insightful and accurate re forecasts as the year trades
- Make reactive and proactive trading decisions on ranging, pricing and deal mechanics
- Maximise sales/margin opportunities through ranging and OTB management
- Look after all products across our stores and direct channel to ensure right stock, right place, right time
- Lead the space planning initiatives around optimum options per linear and the category level planogram schedule
- Ensure built ranges are commercial, fit the pricing architecture and give powerful brand representation.
- With buyer ensure category team's work to the critical path and give direction with range review/sign off on and accurate pre-season planning.
- Manage cross functional links with the Warehouse/Logistics teams, Retail & Finance
- With the Buying function develop the Category level strategy to deliver the sales, stock and margin targets for the company
- To develop feedback channels from stores and other internal departments
- Commercially aware with strong trading focus to maximise sales and profit whilst minimising markdown and cost of reduction
- Highly numerate and analytical, proficient in excel and great attention to detail.Proven experience managing people.
- Good communication and excellent team player with a 'make it happen' attitude, not afraid to get involved in the many facets of the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst working proactively and managing own workload
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision and TargIT would be a distinct advantage
Offering excellent career progression, competitive salary and brilliant company benefits