Buyers Admin Assistant
The role of a Buyers Admin Assistant is a fantastic opportunity for someone to start a career in Buying or someone who currently in Buying but wants to work for a fantastic retailer.
This role is a 12 month contract which is highly likely to go permanent.
My client is one of the most sought after retailers to work with in Bath. They have a fantastic culture, work life balance and stunning head office!
The role of Buyers Admin Assistant in Bath will -
- Input into the department product strategy, producing supplier, competitor & product information as required.
- Participate in the development process for each collection, contributing lessons learnt on product and suppliers and in line with the phased buy plans.
- Coordinate information for design packs from all functions, to ensure complete and detailed sampling packs are produced for suppliers.
- Ensure all proto samples arrive in time for selection through close monitoring of sample progress with suppliers.
- Be involved in selection meetings to build a balanced and commercial range which satisfies customer needs attend sign off meetings to fully understand the range.
- Support critical path management chasing in development samples, carrying out approvals and fits and dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximised.
- Oversee the management and preparation of samples and information for e-commerce, meetings and visual merchandising, to ensure all requirements are satisfied.
- Feedback on current performance to the team and make suggestions for repeats, cancellations and style changes.
- Understand the buying process from design inspiration to delivery in store and implications on the critical path.
- Input into cross functional activity as required eg retail operations, visual merchandising, e-commerce, Warehouse.
- Develop self through store, competitor, supplier and factory visits. And through increased awareness of other HO functions and company issues.
To deliver this role successfully as a Buyers Admin Assistant in Bath you'll need to have;
- Knowledge of the UK retail market including trends
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of buying systems
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Good attention to detail /accuracy
- Ability to accurately prioritise daily, weekly and ad-hoc tasks
- A background is Buying is highly beneficial
A salary range of £17,000 - £20,000 depending on experience. Plus a fantastic benefits package. This role is a 12 month contract which is highly likely to go permanent.