Our client is a leader in the design and supply of multiproduct garments and apparel with a growing portfolio of customers.
The successful candidate will be working closely to designers, account managers and merchandisers.
Garment Technologist - The Role
- You will be involved in sampling and approval of garments and all technical aspects associated with multi-product mens, womens & childrens (casualwear) apparel. From first concept and development to final shipment including critical path management.
- To ensure each customer's range is fashionable, practical, comfortable and durable.
- Manage size specifications and produce detailed tech packs for submission to factories.
- Ensure samples through to production costs meet client cost expectations.
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory
- Accountable for maintaining and managing the critical path.
- To handle the comments/approvals process and resolve technical/quality issues.
- Manage communication between internal teams, the clients and factories/supply base.
Garment Technologist – The Candidate
- A minimum of 1-2years experience within a garment technical/technologist position.
- Good technical knowledge of garment construction and garment fitting. Experienced in liaising with suppliers & manufacturers from predevelopment to production stage, handling comments/approvals process and any technical/quality issues
- Highly competent IT skills, familiarity with other systems would be advantageous
- Confident communication skills, the ability to work to critical path deadlines. Ability to manage on workload and a team player.
- Experience of dealing with Far East or offshore factories/suppliers.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly