Soft Accessories Designer
My client is a well-established, reputable fashion accessories business, who work with some really exciting high street retailers – from fast trend led fashion, to mid-market, to more premium customers, across men, women and children.
I am ideally looking for a Designer with some experience of soft accessories and a solid understanding of designing knitwear.
Will consider candidates from a varying levels of experience.
Soft Accessories Designer – The Role
- This role is focused on designing exciting, trend-led hats, gloves and scarves for an impressive list of customers, while developing customer relationships through meetings and visits.
- Maintain and build relationships with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Trend-watch: research and communicate the latest trends across the business and to customers.
- Work closely with the Head Designer and Key Account Managers to provide exceptional design work for our customers.
- Design product ranges, providing CADs, mood boards and sketches.
- Travel to the Far East on sourcing and development trips where necessary.
- Travel worldwide on comp shops, ensuring that return on company expenditure is maximised and that all follow-up documentation is completed.
- Provide a shared design resource to the business whenever required.
- Set an impeccable standard for the business and lead by example.
Soft Accessories Designer – The Person
- Applicants must be commercially aware and proactive with outstanding communication skills and ideally some experience designing fashion accessories, preferably within hats, gloves and scarves.
- CAD/freehand skills - Applicants should be confident users of Illustrator and Photoshop, and CAD skills are essential.
- Experience of presenting in internal and external Trend Presentation and CAD reviews.
- Ideal candidate will have experience of managing multiple accounts in terms of design, in a fast paced creative environment.
- Excellent time-management skills are vital.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to travel in UK and Internationally.
- Due to office location candidates would ideally be able to drive with own car.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Soft Accessories Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly