Our client is a fashion business based in South West London. They are currently looking for a Junior Merchandiser to join their team. Responsible for providing support to the merchandiser and work alongside the buying team to ensure a balanced product range that will satisfy the customer, store requirements and achieve the department strategy.
Junior Merchandiser - The role:
- To competently plan and organise workloads taking responsibility to ensure administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Takes responsibility for proactively communicating any issues so that resolutions can be prompt, to achieve the required deadlines or critical dates.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all documentation and systems are maintained and kept accurately up to date with the required information at all times.
- Utilise BI system to aid both trading and planning process, alongside training assistant merchandisers on it’s practical application and the best practice on what to do, how to do it and when to use it.
- Accurately monitor the deliveries of stocks, raise orders, key markdowns and sales forecasts appropriately through continuous development and as required in line with internal systems, processes and commercial requirements on a timely basis.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for setting category/department, stock and intake targets, taking accountability to ensure they are met and confidently providing rationale on any deviations from the budget plan or forecast.
- Accurately analyse and present weekly sales reports to interpret department performance against forecast, budget and last year, whilst providing rationale and explanation of reasons for current and future performance.
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness through supporting the Buyer to plan and construct product ranges in line with the department and product strategy.
- Fully understands the dimensions of the sales, space and options and how they impact upon the planning process.
- Effectively support the development and management of Assistant Merchandisers within the team to ensure individual and business success
Junior Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Operating at an advanced level in Microsoft excel.
- Numerical skills must be excellent
- Highly motivated can do attitude
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills especially Excel.
Junior Merchandiser - The package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.