Assistant Merchandiser - Level 1
We are currently looking for a level 1 Assistant Merchandiser to assist the Junior Merchandiser with ensuring that sales and profit are potentialised against agreed Key Performance Indicators on specific product areas. To manage and develop the MAA
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all necessary spreadsheet work and historical analysis is prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- To prepare analysis packs as necessary and pull together strategy recommendations under the guidance of the Junior Merchandiser.
- To ensure that M plan is efficiently maintained for forward planning and trading, both from a ‘top down’ and ‘bottom up’ perspective.
- Develop knowledge of pagination planning and assist the process of new season planning.
- Develop knowledge of retail range planning, proposing new season strategy as directed.
- To ensure POs are placed in a timely manner for future season planning, working closely with buying and QA to ensure the critical path is met at all stages
- To ensure that the Monday Trade pack is produced accurately and issued to deadline.
- To pull together trading priorities for the week, reviewing relevant documents, for Junior Merchandiser sign off.
- To ensure requirements of the ordering cycles and critical path are met, whilst identifying exceptional areas which need immediate action, be it repeats, cancellation or mark down.
- To ensure that the correct sense of urgency is maintained, that the MAA is managing intake priorities in line with commercial requirements.
- To oversee intake management with the MAA to ensure all deliveries have Lima & DC bookings in accordance with the Shipping Lead Time Matrix
- To ensure that all necessary communication is maintained with Suppliers, the team, call centre, web, retail and operations.
- To ensure that Options are being maintained correctly and that all administrative activities are in line with Business requirements.
- To regularly review performance in all channels to ensure sales and profit are maximised.
- To be responsible for ensuring that retail optimums are set at the correct levels and regularly reviewed.
- To supervise the MAA in all aspects relating to retail, to pull together weekly trading strategies at shop level as required.
- To supervise stock builds for new stores, ensuring plans are met and problem areas dealt with.
- To ensure that MPlan Allocations are being maintained in an efficient and accurate way.
- To undertake regular store visits - ideally store visits should be undertaken at least every two months.
- To attend supplier visits and meetings to improve supplier relationships and supplier KPI’s.
- To produce appropriate business reports after each visit and follow up action plans.
- To undertake competitor visits on a regular basis and feedback any relevant points.
- To understand and work to the critical dates and deadlines in both the planning and trading process.
- To consistently deliver excellent standards of customer service.
- To develop an excellent working knowledge of all Merchandising systems.
- To identify and propose improved working practices and updates to systems.
- To action detailed integrity checks as necessary to ensure the efficient running of the department
- To ensure the MAA’s maximise use of the Sales Reactive Allocation System and use to maximise retail sales and profit.
Management, Training and Development
- To continually review processes and controls, initiating improvements in best practise as necessary.
- To take responsibility for own personal development and to foster good working relationships across the Business
- To assist in the development and training of the MAA’s
- To manage the MAA on a day to day basis.
- Systems knowledge
- Numerical competence
- Graduate level
- Experience in a Head Office Merchandising role as an Assistant Merchandiser or Senior Allocator
Note: This outline is to be used as a guide only. Changes in this Job Description may occur as the department changes and grows.