Footwear and Accessories Technologist
Our client, a leading lifestyle retailer is looking to recruit a Footwear and Accessories Technologist to join their successful Technical Team, the role reports into the Technical Manager and covers both Men’s and Women’s Products.
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of fit and quality assurance from prototype through to final delivery to stores. This will require a comprehensive understanding of the supply chain, and effective communication and negotiation to ensure the performance of the product meet the requirements of the brand.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Responsible for the technical input and quality relating to the development and manufacture of multi-product types and packaging to achieve standards acceptable to the customer and comply with relevant legislation.
- Work across multi-product departments; Footwear, Jewellery & Accessories.
- Support all departments to deliver safe, legal and quality products by ensuring the products and suppliers meet all company policies, legal standards and show the correct level of due diligence.
- Manage the sealing process from prototype through to shipment approval by risk assessment, fitting, test report analysis and approval, documentation and clear communication to the supplier working to the critical path.
- Establish a working link with the Distribution Centre to advise and assess QC Failed stock. Effectively communicating to the business and supplier the appropriate action to be taken.
Within these areas you will undertake the following activities:
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with the Buying, Design and Merchandising teams.
- Supplier Management
- Mentor and develop suppliers across all areas to improve product quality.
- Documenting Supplier performance / scoring.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.