Temporary Part time Footwear & Accessories Technologist
My Client, a leading department store, based in North London are looking for a temporary Footwear Technologist, 2 -3 days per week for up to 3 months required with the potential to extend.
With the support of the technical manager, the temporary Footwear Technologist will develop new product in conjunction with design and buying, ensuring that all relevant standards and legislation are met. To challenge and improve quality standards and manage sizing and fit/ product specification & risk assessment.
- Help to develop and maintain block or specification library for all relevant products.
- Reviewing design specs and working with offshore offices / factories to facilitate production of development samples.
- Supporting the development of quality standards and implementing these in their area of responsibility.
- Working closely with Senior Technologists and Technical Managers to assess suppliers and provide objective feedback to support the Sourcing strategy.
- Taking responsibility for relevant critical path events and working to find solutions to problems around this.
- Problem solving within their area of responsibility.
- Managing empowerment of offshore office and supplier Technical teams.
- Driving change and new Technologies.
- Hands on technical skills in at least one category, with the ability to develop this into other areas. Must have an understanding of product specification; construction /quality standards and applicable testing.
- A good understanding of manufacturing capabilities and limitations in their area of responsibility.
- Ability to conduct a factory visit and assess product quality highlighting areas of concern.
- Must understand the commercial requirements of their area of responsibility.
- Needs a good awareness of our CSR and Ethical objectives to ensure they are supported.
- A good understanding of the industry they are working within and the external influences which relate to it.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.