Lingerie Garment Technologist
We have been briefed on an exciting opportunity for a Lingerie Garment Technologist to join a leading High street retailer.
The ideal candidate would have experience as a Lingerie Technologist, preferably from a retail background.
This role is for a Maternity contract, working all Lingerie, including vests.
Purpose of this job role:
• To deliver product and materials technical quality standards that are appropriate to deliver customer value and support the commercial aims of the business.
• To maintain current knowledge on supply base and industry development to deliver product technical innovation that sets the client apart from its competitors.
• To provide expertise for the buyers on product construction, component/fabric innovation and technical capability of suppliers to deliver the products required.
• Deliver clear specifications to suppliers at briefing stage including key construction, fit and component/materials performance standards.
• To create technical packs and ensure these are communicated to the regional offices.
• To drive garment / fabric innovation, working closely with the buyer and supply base.
• Advise on sourcing routes.
• To travel to centres of excellence for product development and supplier awareness.
• To carry out regular risk screening of products and manufacturing routes.
• Liaise with technologists across business to ensure standards are consistent.
• Liaise with the regional offices on direct buys as appropriate to brief them on their responsibilities.
• Initiate and action wearer trials for direct suppliers.
• Complete benchmarking exercises of garments with high street competitors.
• Analyse customer feedback to gain knowledge of customer requirements for product innovation and development.
• Instigate due diligence testing during each season.
• Train and develop technology trainees when appropriate.
• Work with the regional offices to ensure garments are manufactured to the specification.
• Approve first fits of all products, including quality of construction and to approve grades by exception.
• Approve grades and contract seal fits for direct suppliers only.
• Carry out regular fit reviews of garments.