1 day left
- Job Type
Our Client, a world class Retailer, based in the West Midlands,is looking for a Textile Technologist to join their Technical team.
Preference will be give to candidates with experience in a similar role. If you are interested in a career as Textile Technologist please get in contact!
A qualified Textile Technologist will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fabric technology and how to achieve the required performance standards.
- Have a good knowledge of the fabric supply chain and sourcing routes.
- Be professional, act with integrity, support the team and departmental colleagues to build and develop the profile of the technical team
- Support the buying, design and merchandising teams in your division to achieve the business objectives and drive innovation and quality standards
- Highly active in delivering and driving the technical strategy
- Ensure that the submission process for fabric approval is adhered to and all aspects of the fabric meet the required performance standards to ensure quality standards are met.
- Manage the garment supply base and work closely with TU’s offshore offices to ensure quality standards are met.
- Competent at product development including competitor comparison, benchmarking analysis and product engineering.
- Deliver innovation on fabrics by visiting key fabric fairs and working with major fabric mills to drive newness in your product areas.
- Provide advice on sourcing routes and opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Analyse customer returns to identify patterns and formulate a corrective action plan.
- Improve the number of right first time fabric test reports to improve efficiency
- Work in partnership with buyers, merchandisers, designers to drive an efficient critical path.
- Understand the customer needs through regular store visits and the store adopter process.
- Seek out customer feedback.
- Manage or participate and contribute to relevant technical projects.
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent and relevant experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and /or retailing environment working as a Textile Technologist preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills to drive product areas forward.
- High level of understanding of testing and test reports
- Excellent inter personnel skills.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Apply for Textile Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly