Import Merchandiser - Homeware
You will be ensuring the progression of styles through the sampling & bulk critical paths. Liasing with the far east on a daily basis. The role would suit someone with 12 months plus experience as an import merchandiser in a none fashion role
A great opportunity for an Import Merchandiser to join a leading homeware company in the Manchester area. They are a leader in their field and as a business supply B&Q, Homebase, BHS, Marks and Spencers, Next, Dunhelm and all major supermarkets. They have onsite parking and near to transport links.
- Management of critical path, from initial selection meeting with buyers though to delivery of products.
- Visiting customers to present new products and progress production.
- Liaise directly with overseas suppliers mainly in China and the Far East.
- Attending various international exhibitions/ trade shows with buyers to establish product trends.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the product, review QC figures, be aware of Reach & other EU regulations & when required offer support to the department on ensuring they follows guidelines.
- Build strong relationship with office colleagues, carrying out weekly critical path meetings to ensure smooth running of customer account.
- Experience as an import merchandiser with none fashion experience.
- As there will be some travel both within the UK and internationally a full driving license is required.
- Must be computer literate - word and excel is essential.
Close to transport links
Leading growing retail accounts