Buying Manager - Ladies Branded RTW (Mat cover)
We are looking for a Buying Manager - Ladies Branded RTW (Mat cover)to join our client who is a well known and loved British retail brand based in Central London for a maternity cover.
This role will be looking after ladies classic core.
Our client is a leader in their field, who are going through an exciting period of growth. It is an exciting time to join them in their Central London office.
As a Buying Manager - Ladies Branded RTW (Mat cover) you will;
- Delivery of sales and profit, in line with the agreed buying strategy, maximising all in season opportunities.
- Buy to achieve an authoritative and creative offer; reflecting an optimum width, depth and balance of assortment, ensuring this matches the agreed strategic direction and budget.
- Select merchandise to meet the market demands, customer needs and the store images & buying plans.
- Develop local range strategies for individual stores and multi-channel to differentiate product and create local propositions in each local context.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating current and potential future suppliers for the business to create newness in concepts and to add freshness to the assortment.
- Collaborate with the Director of Buying to review ranges bought and edit assortments of product.
- Build strong supplier relationships to negotiate optimum terms. Develop partnerships with key suppliers to maximise commercial relationship.
Plus much more!
As a Buying Manager - Ladies Branded RTW (Mat cover) you will need;
- A proven tack record as a branded buyer within ladies RTW
- Brand building experience
- Good knowledge of trends and social influencers
- Proven experience in concession management
- Current/relevant product and market awareness
Strong negotiating and contracting skills.
- Innovative and uses initiative
- Able to make logical decisions under pressure
- Able to manage time well to prioritise multiple workstreams/objectives
- Good at building business cases and gaining internal / external support/buy in.
- Numerate with good analytical skills
- Good financial awareness and acumen
- Experience of coaching, developing and managing a team