Chief Operating Officer
6 days left
This is a Key Board position with a joint Board responsibility for strategy and business performance and specific responsibility for Finance.You will be a critical member of the top team leading business planning, strategy development and commercial decision making and partnering the CEO in particular in the delivery of performance.
Lyle & Scott are a profitable, privately owned Scottish brand with a 140 year history that has built a reputation for crafting high-quality knitwear and other clothing. A brand with true authenticity, heritage and expertise recognised throughout the world; from early collaborations with Christian Dior to clothing some of the world's golfing greats. They are a men's fashion brand and combine this with a solid authority and presence within the golfing sector with sales which have grown from £10m in 2000, £30m in 2013 and continuing to grow to £33.5m in 2017continuing to grow to £35in 2017
You will be:A Finance Director with experience of working in Founder Businesses and Private Equity backed businesses with a turnover up to £100m. Experience needs to have had a commercial focus alongside the requisite financial, and been a key contributor to growth.A qualified accountant with at least 10 years post qualification experience.Previous experience at executive Board level within a multi-channel, primarily B2C business that's been fast growing, creative, with a significant commitment to multi channel marketing expenditure and with a high number of transactions.Demonstrable success in growing revenues, EBITDA and managing working capital and cash.Proven track-record building a strong finance department, initiating and driving change within a high quality organization.Extensive experience in the reporting of commercial, financial and cash related information to stakeholders, employees, suppliers and other interested parties.Proven experience and understanding of maximizing performance from complex trading models and customer transaction forecasting models.With a successful track record in managing and developing the IT and systems infrastructure capable of supporting the requirements of a growing international multi-channel retail business.Experience of M&A related transactions. You will be:
- An open, confident and persuasive communicator and influencer with good interpersonal rapport and a track record for building strong working relationships.
- A robust individual, not afraid of confronting issues in a constructive manner - challenging decisions, budgets, providing strategic logic and good judgement, someone who provides clear direction and instils rigour in all they do.
- A "can do", "will do" attitude coupled with reliability and willingness to roll up their sleeves and lead by example.
- Non-hierarchical personality.
- Strong leader, but able to work within and encourage whole team participation.
- Drive culture across multi offices.
Attractive salary and package