Site Merchandising Senior Manager
Reporting directly to the GMM Director, the Senior Site Experience & Merchandising Manager role is about more than just selling product online. You will drive and inspire both the site experience & site merchandising teams to bring the product assortments to life, delivering a digital shopping experience that puts the consumer at the center whilst driving revenue and profitability for one of the most iconic brands in the world.
By focusing on these digital “moments of truth” you will give consumers a compelling reason to buy and make it easy for them to buy. Finally, you will build partnerships with teammates in Planning & Buying, Merchandizing, Brand and Operations to deliver a premium online shopping experience to our consumers.
- Lead and execute the seasonal go-to-market (buy-to-launch) activities for the EMEA Converse.com business to deliver on sales and margin plans.
- Lead the execution according to the Seasonal Gameplan and that all deliverables are completed in time and full.
- Build cross functional relationships to understand the seasonal strategies, assortments, key marketing styles and product stories.
- Define, review and lead team to implement site merchandising strategy, principles and seasonal guidelines
- Ensure team delivers readiness of product & content for timely launch on the site, including completeness of product information and assets;
- Oversee site merchandising calendar, landing pages, product walls, product pages and on-site search results;
- Deliver insights based on performance analytics and action plans to deliver on business opportunities.
- Lead team to obsess daily site merchandising and creative performance to identify opportunities for improvement on the consumer experience, product story telling and sell through
- Optimize online navigation, search results, product walls, creative touts and product presentation based on analytics (click-path, traffic, AOV, conversion, etc.) and A/B testing.
- Partner with Digital Brand to ensure site content is on brand voice, ‘retail right’, locally relevant and drives the business in addition to telling key brand stories.
- Partner with the Analytics team to define a web analytics strategy. Review and analyze site traffic, conversion, and revenue for key destinations, through merchandising reviews, add-to-cart and check-out funnel analysis, and testing cross-sell/up-sell strategies.
- Work with WE eCommerce Operations & Customer Service team to improve all consumer-facing communications by aligning it with global creative and experience standards;
- Work with WE eCommerce Performance Marketing team to create a brand- and commerce driven promotional calendar and to drive content for email and affiliates programs.
- Partner with the Digital performance marketing team by creating engaging consumer journeys for online ads and emails.
- Provide monthly and seasonal recaps on what worked, didn't work and next steps as part of the seasonal hind sighting process with the Retail and Merchandising teams.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate strategies, promotional tactics, consumer experience, and product presentation then translate findings into actionable plans.
- Identify creative needs, brief seasonal content & experience requirements to Global , WE and external partners and deliver creative solutions to the WE site merchandising team;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Merchandising, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years online site merchandising experience.
- Experience within a leading online/multi-channel fashion retailer is preferred.
- Working knowledge of web technology platforms, content management system and product information management tools to update site content like products walls and product detail pages (Salesforce/Demandware experience a plus)
- Understanding of social media, online media, and direct response marketing techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations to leadership.
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to adapt in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leveraging business insights and analytics to make decisions (investments, sales, click-path, traffic, AOV, conversion, A/B testing, etc.)
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision