Product Development Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an established Product Developer / Product Development Manager to join a successful and growing Streetwear Brand. The role would suit a forward thinking and detail orientated Product Developer with management experience who is keen to adapt and grow within a fast moving start up business.
The role reports into the Creative Director and manages the Junior Product Developer as well as the Designer, and has great scope to challenge and develop the successful candidate’s skills.
Briefly the role comprises:
- Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs. Continuously update and maintain the BOM throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- Work with Design to review material qualities that meet company standards.
- Work closely with Design and Production to develop the seasonal collections put up by Design, to high quality, within target margins and according to critical path.
- Work with Design to ensure functionality and quality of product. Attend proto fittings with Design and/or Pattern maker to certify samples are within the required design aesthetic.
- Partner with raw materials suppliers to maintain awareness of trends, innovative fibres, new technologies finishing techniques etc.
- Run the lab dip and tests program on all fabrics and trims.
- Manage the fabric library (dossiers, swatches, hangers etc.)
- Responsible for product presentation in Range Review meetings, including comments gathering and communication to factories. Ensure all information is prepared, available and presented in a complete manner to both the company and factories.
- Measure and review prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications.
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit across suppliers and throughout the product range
- 100% accurate development documentation for nominated fabrics and components, including specs, lab dips, test reports, commercial sheets, headers and proto notes.
- Ensure the Design department works to the critical path.
- Collect and communicate information (e.g. Commercial Sheets) and any product related issues to all relevant stakeholders.
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to. Advise Design and production of any possible problems that could affect lead times.
- Submit care label instructions and specifications and approve the label layouts for all products.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Textile Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A good knowledge of garment construction methods, finishing and printing techniques and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, grading and marking processes
- A working knowledge of materials, technical fabrics and functional aspects of garments
- Strong organizational skills to provide well documented products, thorough specifications, and meet deadlines
- Some experience of working with factories and an understanding of constraints and timescales is preferred
- Understands and is able to analyse in detail cost breakdowns from factories
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.