Converse Strategic Account Manager
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Also Known as the Big Deal Department.
Sure, you could be at some boring PLACE selling boring STUFF. Or you could be with us, selling unique sneakers and apparel that you would wear yourself. You could walk out the door and see some kid wearing what you put in their store and know you did that. Because you were bold enough and aware enough and got real satisfaction from doing a real thing. That’s where you could be.
Converse sparks progress at the heart of youth culture. We are a company ready for change and that is who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative.
The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives on embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. Here at Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As part of the Northern Territory Sales team you will be accountable for the business of the Deichmann group, one of our most relevant account groups in Europe.
In the role of the Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for achieving assigned sales results by bringing in new and maintaining existing business. You will contribute to the development of the sales strategy: participating to commercial negotiations, increasing revenue growth and maximizing margins. You will lead a team also.
Elevate Account Management:
- Develop strategic account plans with a clear focus on strategic priorities
- Manage budgets, ensure order deadlines with a clear focus on the strategic priorities
- Identify new business opportunities by developing market knowledge on product trends, pricing and competition
- Provide structured account feedbacks
- Implement seasonal brand communication/marketing: collaborate closely with Marketing to develop specific account marketing plans in order to elevate account positioning
Develop go-to-market plans’ seasonal assortments:
- Segment the accounts of the D-Group, focus per segment, drive assortments
- Deliver accurate forecasts
- Ensure monthly and seasonal business reviews with KAs
- Negotiate trade terms each fiscal year
- Deliver Results
- Meet or exceed all targeted sales goals by account, season, and year, product mix and distribution objectives
Be a strong leader
- Lead, coach and inspire should be your main focus areas while managing your team
- Be able to give constructive feedback to your team members while focusing on developing them to further roles within the company
- Set clear goals and share clear roles and responsibilities within the team
Be creative, innovative in the way you do business. This is NOT business as usual business.
In this role, you will be reporting into the Commercial Director Northern Europe
- Minimum of 5 years managing key accounts in Consumer/Sporting Goods/ Fashion/ FMCG industries
- Passionate and action oriented: Must be a self-starter, able to drive the business and getting things done under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and Flexibility: Ability to prioritize and organize workload in response to aggressive timelines.
- Communication skills: Fluent in English, both written and spoken – German is a plus not a must
- Min Bachelor’s degree required or higher, which can be compensated by relevant work experience
- A sense of humor, a great work ethic and a flawless sense of cool.