Our Client, importers and wholesalers of interior design accessories, homewares, giftware, lighting and furniture are recruiting a Product Technologist to join their team. This role reports directly into the Head of Buying and Merchandising.
The position is based in Suffolk, approx 30 minutes from Cambridge
Core responsibilities include:
- Supplier Set Up (Supplier Agreement, Packaging & Labelling, inspections, Compliance etc.)
- Pre-Production Technical Comments
- Packaging & Labelling Guidelines – maintenance of
- Organisation & Management of Inspections in COO
- Critical Path Management – to deliver goods ‘on time’
- Quality Control: with Supplier, at Goods in & through Returns
- Management of all Compliance & Testing Required – to evolve in line with the business
- Management & Ownership of all QC Issues – resolution, communication with Supplier & company
- Resolution of Supplier Claims – arising from QC issues
- Support on Resourcing
- Supplier Performance Management
Requirements for the role:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
- Be able to cope with diverse workload
- Be able to use initiative at all times
- Be self-motivating, confident and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Have previous experience working as a Product Technologist in a Retail or manufacturing environment
- Have a sound knowledge of the following of furniture, upholstery and hard goods
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website at www.q-hq.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.