Our client is a UK leading Safety and Workplace distributor, specialising in the supply of Personal Protection Equipment. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join their Head Office based in Middlesex. The candidate must be a strong negotiator, analytical and a good team player.
Procurement Assistant - The Role:
- To provide support to the Senior Trading Manager and Trading Manager on Tenders & Enquiries
- Analysing data to understand how and where we can increase both, internal cash margin and overall end to end margin
- Liaising with UK and overseas suppliers
- Carry out supplier negotiations as required, maximising the level of supplier support and substituting from buying office support
- Management of small to medium tenders, proposing and agreeing commercial strategy and timings with sales and purchasing as agreed with Line Manager
- Manage the interaction with Category Managers on specific tenders/enquiries as directed by Line Manager, providing them with the relevant information to enable them to work on tender/enquiry
- Running of reports to help reduce any potential leakages to the internal pot and maximising end to end margin. (eg. Customer support analysis, over supports, end to end margin report, duplicate supports, board report)
- Analysis of current processes and reports to propose continuous improvements in processes.
- Running contract reviews for the Line Manager and Trading Manager to work on in line with sales/branch requirements
- Management and building of Trading Team databases (eg. Competitor code matching, alternatives, supplier contacts)
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders including sales, inventory, quality control and customer service to ensure customer fulfilment is maximised
Procurement Assistant - The Candidate:
- Desirable that the candidate has or working towards CIPS but not essential
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Computer Literate
- Strong Numeracy Skills
- Outgoing and ambitious
- Self starter and able to work on own initiative
- Able to manage own workload and time
Procurement Assistant - The Package:
- Dependent on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.